Barbecue to Beach: 9 Summer Candle Scents That Will Transport You to Paradise
It’s the perfect summer day, a breezy 80 degrees with not a cloud in the sky. You have the day ahead of you to soak up the sunshine and the freedom—there’s no work, no chores and no stress whatsoever. Is there anything better? You can experience this every day with Homesick’s evocative summer candles, which are jam-packed with aromatics that can only be described as bright and delightful. The perfect warm-weather day is just around the corner, and all you have to do is flick a match.
Taking a little break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life isn’t just fun, it’s also good for your health, and aromatherapy can help you reach a state of deep relaxation in a real way. In fact, studies showed that aromatherapy can help reduce anxiety, increase sleep and even stabilize blood pressure, leaving you feeling like you do when you’re on day three of a trip to an all-inclusive resort, all without leaving your house. Here’s how to recreate a relaxing summer day simply by lighting a few of your favorite candles.
Sipping Cocktails by the Pool
You start off your day posted up poolside, preferably under the cabana, with a citrus-garnished drink in hand. The air smells like a blend of fruit—oranges, lemons, pomegranate, coconut and pineapple—and bright, blooming flowers. There’s a cool, balmy breeze and the warm sun overhead. Each sip brightens your mood as you sink into a state of pure calm.
- Sunshine Spritz—First up: a summery spritz complete with flavorful orange, berry and limoncello mixed with blushed prosecco and a paper umbrella to top it off.
- Poolside Pina—Time to get a little more serious! Transport yourself to the sandy shores of Puerto Rico with a coconutty, lemony, pineapply beverage for the books.
- Midsummer Mojito—Cheers! Mojitos are everyone’s fave summer sipper and nothing says poolside perfection quite like lemon, lime, coconut and mint. This feeling is a breeze to capture with our mojito candle.
Barbecuing with Buddies
It’s lunchtime, which means a backyard barbecue is in order. The smoky smells of hickory, oak and maple mingle with spicy aromas of black pepper, cumin and nutmeg. An ice-cold beer or a glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade makes this midsummer lunch totally unbeatable. You crank up the good tunes (thanks, Summer BBQ Playlist on Spotify) and clink a glass with your best pals.
- Backyard BBQ—Yup, we make a candle for that. Our smoky barbecue candle puts you in the backyard with hints of spice, peach, vanilla, sugar, amber and musk.
- American Summer—Images of fresh flowers and picnics come to mind with this citrusy candle in a bouquet of lemon, lime, melon, watermelon, lily and peach.
- Dallas—God bless Texas and the barbecue it brings. This multifaceted candle takes you to an authentic Texas smoke-out complemented by rustic notes of leather and wood.
An Afternoon at the Beach
The afternoon is primetime for some swimming and sun-soaking. You head to the beach, spread out on a blanket and give the universal sign of happiness and relaxation—toes sunk deep into the sand, eyes closed. There’s a fresh, gentle breeze and you smell the sweet aroma of freshly slathered sunscreen and the salty sea.
- Beach Cottage—Driftwood, seaweed and conch shells come to mind thanks to notes of bergamot, beach, marine, sandalwood, cedarwood and tonka bean.
- San Diego—Surf’s up with this bright, floral candle featuring notes of lavender, rosemary and jasmine mixed with sea air, marine and sandalwood.
- Hawaii—This well-crafted, aromatic masterpiece reminds us that paradise is attainable. It features a tropical blend of pineapple, coconut, vanilla and seashore.
Evoking Emotion Through Aromas
Achieving a state of stress-free summer joy is easier than you might imagine, no matter the season, if you have the right aroma essentials. These emotion-inducing summer candle scents are sure to help make the stress float away, even if you’re a thousand miles away from a beach, a barbecue or an umbrella-topped cocktail. Remember: Paradise is a state of mind, not a state in the union!